DM Release Version 9.0
Release date: 10th January 2020
These changes should be considered before upgrading:
- Applets have been removed from standard installs.
- Client SQL execution is no longer possible via webservices v1.
- Database upgrades for existing customers with large databases (millions of documents) may take a long time – the transaction timeout has been raised to 60 minutes to assist with this.
- Windows Server 2008 (and R2) are no longer supported.
- JFinder can no longer connect to AUTOFORM DM over HTTPS due to removed support for SSLv2 Hello (HTTP works as before).
- The Lasernet Upload Module must be upgraded to 2.0.1 to work with AUTOFORM DM 9+. This will be included in the Lasernet 9.8 release as standard.
The following new features have been added since our last release:
- Added Audit Settings resource.
- Added SQL Search resource.
- Modified Licence resource to allow enabling of evaluation mode and provide richer licensing information.
- Modified Configuration resource models to allow import and export of Audit Settings.
The following performance enhancements have now been implemented:
- Optimised use of EJBs.
- Optimised caching of users and document archive paths.
- Utilised Hibernate’s Natural ID cache.
- Non-admin users can no longer view a list of usernames via the UserListAction page.
The following usability enhancements have now been implemented:
- Removed the ‘consecutive character’ option from password settings.
- Improved usability of the REST SDK deliverables.
- Standardised navigation of the ‘home’ button across admin screens.
- Removed Basic/Advanced buttons from all screens, the default now shows all options.
- Invalid name identifiers now cause the upgrade to fail (with options for resolution), rather than silently cause residual problems.
- Auditing Enhancements.
- Dependency Updates.
- Installer Improvements:
- Patch version removed from installer to support future .ear deployment patch upgrades.
- All installs are now configured with HTTPS as standard; an auto-generated certificate can be created if one isn’t available.
- The management console user can now be specified during the install.
- All installs now generate a properties file that can be used by silent installs.
- Evaluation Mode.
The following list contains details of fixes we have implemented since the last release:
- The Login screen for web integrations now renders with updated styles.
- The Name validation on application screens has been improved.
- The Client App Resource now correctly validates the application name.
- Webservice v1 ‘loadDocument’ now handles invalid IDs rather than throwing a NullPointerException.
- Session timeout now correctly affects newer document definition and key definition screens.
- The Download button works correctly in remote search integration.
- Application edit screen no longer breaks when using French locale.
- Resolved an issue where in certain cases, old client queries weren’t being routed to tblCustomSettings.
- JFinder now correctly no longer counts towards the concurrent session licence limitation.
- Deletion of a document definition now returns users to the list screen (as expected).
- Sessions that have been logged out no longer count towards ‘mutliple locations’ limitation during the cleanup
- Added validation to the Document Resource to ensure the ID in patch matches that in the body.
- Resolved an issue where importing document definitions using the same key definition would fail.
- UI now correctly represents application access in the user manager.
- The REST contacts resource now correctly treats the user field as read-only.
- Roles screens no longer show or affect deleted/disabled users.
- Document ID can now be used correctly as a parameter in webservices v2 searches.
- Resolved an issue with configuration management preventing users and their extended properties from being created.
- Configuration management no longer affects client application versions during an update.