Lasernet Release Version 8.3
Release date: 14th July 2017
New Features and Fixes
The purpose of this section is to outline the new features and fixes of the components of Lasernet Version 8.3.
- We have fixed a unique index error when re-saving job security profiles for running jobs.
- Added support for retrying SQL Server connection on service startup.
Lasernet Form Editor/Engine
- The absolute script Rearrange (such as page numbering) with the relative to page flag set was placed wrongly on the text output.
- The Move Up/Down popup menu items were wrongly disabled in the XML Output view for specific cases.
- The results of JobInfos and Rearranges with the 'Run as first-pass' flag were not compatible with the output result of v6.5 and older.
- The relative position of a Rearrange, assigned to a Region, could obtain an incorrect value when the connected pattern was moved to another region and then back again.
- Added Copy/Paste support in Form Criteria, Sheet Criteria, Rearrange Criteria, Overlay Files, Modifier and JobInfo dialogs.
- Copy/Paste functionality is improved to work between two instances of the Form Editor (only the reference, not the physical object).
- Disabled the settings on "PDF", "PDF Security" and "TIFF" tabs for the next sheets in mixed\combined mode.
- New feature to collect values to Charts added to Regions.
- Fixed a problem in the EDI output format where the XML structure sometimes was lost, caused by format differences between a one-line XML and a pretty-printed XML.
- The Sheet name was invalid if the "&" symbol was displayed in the name.
- View -> Formatting Tags in XHTML view is now respected in the dialog for Patterns and Rearrange output properties.
- XHTML output format is now in HTML5.
- Validation added to Rearrange dialog to prevent the object names for input elements having the same name as the output object name.
- If a master sheet and a child sheet have local styles with exactly the same names the values and added to the local style in the master sheet, it will not be inherited in the child sheet.
- The background and border appeared out of scope for Rearranges.
- JobInfo Substitution support has been added to the Fixed Text objects.
- Fixed a crash when migrating modifiers with a name containing certain characters that have a unique meaning in regex.
- More support for multi-selection of objects added to the tabs for modules.
- The Copy/Paste functionality is improved to work between two instances of the Lasernet Developer (only the reference, not the physical object).
- Fixes for the revision system for administrative users.
- Unable to check in multiple objects for Administrator as objects were read-only.
- Fixed an issue when trying to export an object opened by another user.
- Fixed an issue when migrating sheet names with the "&" symbol.
- Fixed an issue where the date conversion on a Rearrange failed for specific cases.
- Added index to separators in thumbnail mode.
- Fixed an issue with drag-and-drop of forms in thumbnail mode to indexes that appear after a separator.
- Fix for a crash when dragging external files over the list of forms.
- Removing reference to a configuration did not update the list of recent configuration in the File menu.
- Remove reference to a configuration is added to the Open Configuration dialog.
- Adding form functionality did not show template selection dialog in some cases.
CSV to XML
- Fixed an UTF-8 issue with right-to-left characters in XML values after convertion from CSV format.
- The file mask didn't work the same as the File Input file masks.
- Fixed an sFTP input read error: The number of bytes in FXP_DATA is not equal to the number of bytes requested.
- Fixed that Rename on Upload was disabled, in FTP output settings, if they were saved without having the checkbox visible.
- Removed X-MSMail-Priority header as it would cause problems with spam filters.
XML Transformer Editor
- Auto-scroll added to input view for the selected action/XPath.
Lasernet Printer Drivers
- Fixed a race condition causing heap corruption in EMF and Text-Only drivers. The driver package is now updated with new versions for EMF and Text drivers.