Lasernet Release Version 10.0
Release date: 8th June 2021
Click here to download the installers.
New Features and Fixes
The purpose of this section is to outline the new features and fixes of the components of Lasernet Version 10.0.
- A new-look Lasernet Launcher.
Lasernet License Manager
- A 'Client Secret' setting is now required and automatically generated when adding a new instance for Lasernet Server 10 to increase security for Lasernet applications.
Microsoft SQL Server Express LocalDB
- To simplify the installation in a demo or developer environment, Lasernet is delivered with an embedded database as a backend by default.
REST API with OpenID Authentication
- A new REST API and OpenID Authentication replaces the previous SOAP API and Basic Authentication in Lasernet 9 with a modern token or key-based approach.
Lasernet Config 10
Lasernet Config 10 is updated with a new embedded web framework to manage:
- Users and Groups
- Print Servers with settings for Azure Storage Account and Azure Service Bus for easy access to Cloud and On-premise printing.
- Added new embedded web framework to manage configurations, users and groups, revisions, history, deployments and Print Servers settings for Azure Storage Account and Azure Service Bus.
- Minor improvements in diagram mode.
- Modules divided into five types of modifiers.
- New resource folder to store cached Windows fonts.
- Shortcut for send grab files to the input folder.
- The list of Print Server names and Connection Strings are now retrieved from the list of Printer Servers added to the Lasernet Config 10 server.
Lasernet Monitor 10
- A new desktop application with improved user experience, reduction in log traffic, a Performance Monitor and a REST API and OpenID authentication communicating with Lasernet Server 10 through the Lasernet Config 10 server.
Lasernet Form Editor 10 (EMF/PDF)
- Easier styling of fonts in Insert Text objects (postponed until beta release).
- Format painter usage for tables across forms in the configuration.
- Removed reference printers’ settings in forms to avoid requirements to locally-installed printer drivers.
- Support for Windows fonts to be loaded and stored in the Lasernet Configuration
Lasernet Form Editor 10 (DOCX/PDF/XLSX/HTML)
- Word control is enhanced to support more complex text processing, with text wrapping around tables, widow/orphan control in tables, break table rows across pages and shape enhancements.
- Create HTML documents with mail-merge functionality, as known from Rich Text DOCX/PDF, with DataSet as input.
Lasernet Client 10
- A new web front-end with a clean, flexible and intuitive user interface.
- Optimized for Lasernet Input Management users.
- A centralized web server installation, with a REST API and OpenID authentication, that communicates with Lasernet Server 10 through the Lasernet Config 10 server.
- Improved calculation method for Statistics in Lasernet OCR Engine 10.
The following modules are no longer supported by Lasernet from this version, Lasernet 10:
- Barcode fonts running the Symbology Barcode Profile.
- SAP BC-XOM Input module.
- Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ) Input and Output modules.
- Google Cloud Printer Input and Output modules.
- Microsoft Fax module.
- DM Archive (replaced with the newer DM Upload).
It is recommended that unsupported modules are removed from the workflow in older configurations before the import of a full configuration in Lasernet 10.
- Due to a certificate update for all our Lasernet Installers, it might be expected that a Windows Defender SmartScreen dialog will pop up when running the installer.
- Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app error. This can happen when a program installer is new and is not yet recognized as safe by your system. You can work around this error by clicking the More info link and then clicking the Run anyway button.
- A new modifier added to the Input Management package to read and extract barcode names and values from jobs.
PDF Barcode Splitter
- A new feature in the PDF Splitter module for scanned pages in batch jobs separated by barcode.
- Support for UPC-A/E, EAN 8/13, Code 39/93, Codabar, QR Code, Data Matrix, PDF 417, MaxiCode, with the option for others.
- The option to discard separate pages is supported.
- Improved workflow with built-in server module.
- Faster OCR processing with multi-thread processing support.
- Keep text in original PDF document to improve quality of extracted text and values for incoming documents.
- Easier deployment on new or existing servers.
- A new smart feature in the Lasernet Input Management solution has been added.