This article will describe the steps needed to upgrade from Lasernet version 9 to Lasernet version 10. There is a built-in migration tool in Lasernet 9 that helps you to upgrade your existing setup from previous versions of Lasernet.
Lasernet Config 10 server settings are not compatible with Lasernet 9, meaning history and older revisions cannot be migrated to the Lasernet Config 10 configuration. Therefore, Server instances, User and groups and Security roles must be re-configured for your new Lasernet 10 environment.
Configurations for workflows and forms, designed in Lasernet Developer 9, can be imported to Lasernet Config 10 via the standard built-in import tools in Lasernet Developer 10. This works in a similar way to Lasernet 9 and is fully backward compatible.
Modules no longer supported
The following modules are no longer supported in Lasernet version 10:
Barcode fonts running the Symbology Barcode Profile
SAP BC-XOM Input module
Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ) Input and Output modules
Google Cloud Printer Input and Output modules
Microsoft Fax module
DM Archive (replaced with the newer DM Upload)
Roles and Access Rights
The following roles added to the Lasernet Configuration Server 9 are not migrated to Lasernet 10:
Security role names added to a configuration in Lasernet 9 are migrated to Lasernet 10. Access rights managed in Lasernet 9 are not migrated to Lasernet 10
Do I need to uninstall Lasernet 9?
There is no need to uninstall Lasernet version 9. In many cases, we recommend keeping version 9 installed when using the same server after the upgrade. This gives the option to have both versions installed at the same time. Please note the following:
Lasernet Server Instance 9 and 10 should not run simultaneously to avoid port conflicts (configured to run simultaneously - only for advanced users).
Lasernet Developer 9 and 10 can run simultaneously.
Lasernet Config 9 and Lasernet Config 10 can run simultaneously.
Once version 10 is installed, ensure the previous version is set to manual startup to have full control so that Lasernet 9 and 10 are not running at the same time.
Running Lasernet 10 on the same server as older versions
Job data cannot be exchanged between server modules in different versions of Lasernet. If you decide to install Lasernet Developer 10 and older versions of the Lasernet Developer on the same computer for easier maintenance of setups, please note:
The Lasernet Print Capture service for Lasernet 9 and older will generate overlays in the format created by the last installed print capture queue.
Lasernet Print Capture 10 is an exclusive overlay capture service and printer for Lasernet 10 and will create Windows EMF as output format for overlays. In previous versions (7 and older) the overlay format must be expected to be Lasernet EMF and therefore must be reprinted.
The steps below will guide you through the upgrade process
Stop the Lasernet 9 Service
1. Open the Windows Services application.
2. Right-click the Lasernet Config 9 service and select Stop.
In order to migrate your previous configuration for Lasernet 9, you must export your configuration from Lasernet 9. Follow these steps to do so:
1. Open Lasernet 9 Developer and click File in the Menu bar.
2. Select Export Configuration....
3. Save the configuration file and exit Lasernet 9.
4. Install Lasernet 10.
Lasernet License Lasernet 10
In order to use Lasernet 10, you must activate the license using the license code issued to you. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Go to Windows Search, search for Lasernet Launcher 10 and start the License Manager application
2. Add your Lasernet Service 10 instance and Activate your instance by adding your license code.
Lasernet Config 10 Portal
A configuration server must be set up using the Lasernet Config portal.
1. Navigate to the portal
2. In the Tools section, select Servers and click the Add button.
3. Add the details of your server instance and click OK.
To import your configuration into the Lasernet 10 Developer application, follow these steps:
1. Open the Lasernet 10 Launcher and select the Developer application.
2. Enter the details of your Server, your Username, Password and then click Connect.
3. Select Import configuration... to import your external configuration (saved previously).
Your Lasernet application has now been upgraded from version 9 to version 10.
4. You must now commit and deploy in order for the service to work with the new config.