In this exercise, you can learn how to add a new TXT form. You are also proposed to set up a criterion to recognize the form.
The form criterion is used by the Form Engine to look for the key data in specific locations in the input data and recognize a form in the form list.
Note: If no criteria are specified for a form, such a form is not processed.
Download and import the attached configuration called 03. TXT (Add New Form with Criteria) in Lasernet Developer 9. Afterwards, follow the steps listed below:.
1. On the Tools panel, click Forms to open a form area.
2. Click the Add button on the top toolbar. Otherwise, you can drag the Form item to the form area. As one more alternative, you can right-click in the form area, and then click Add in the context menu that appears.
3. Enter a name of the new form (Sample) in the Name field.
4. Select TXT as an input format.
5. Select EMF as an output format.
6. Once you are done, click Ok to confirm changes.
7. Open the Sample form you have just added for editing. To this end, select it, and then click the Edit button on the toolbar. Otherwise, you can right-click the form, and then select Edit on the context menu that appears, or just double-click the form.
Before you can set up a new form, a you are to open a grab file which shows in the input window of Lasernet Form Editor. A grab file contains the output data as delivered from the application for which you want to create a report.
8. On the Form menu, click Select Grab File(s).
9. In the Select Grab File(s) dialog that opens, select the Copy of Sample folder, then select the Sample file, and then click Open.
10. On the Developer toolbar, click Criterion, and then click Form Criterion.
11. Move the cursor to the 30000 item in the input and select it.
12. Once you release a mouse button, the Form Criterion dialog opens. Accept the settings for the selected item by clicking Ok twice.
As a result, the input view shows an object which is dark-grey highlighted illustrating that the form contains a criterion to recognize the XML data.