On occasion, users may want to hide the Required Quantity value if the current sequence number is the same as the previous sequence number. This can be done by using the Dynamic Region feature. Please follow these steps:
1. Within Forms, right-click an empty space on your design and select Conditional Area.
2. Ensure that the Output tab is selected and click Add in the Regions area.
3. Give the region a name and add 10.0mm in the Additional progress field.
4. Select the Additional progress is relative to the lowest object checkbox and click OK to close the window and then OK again to close the main window.
Assign the Pattern
Now assign the Region to your Pattern with Detail Lines.
1. Double-click the green pattern to display the Pattern Properties window
2. Enter a value into the Progress field to set the vertical spacing of your grouped items. In this case, the value is set to 2.0 mm.
3. In the Output region drop-down menu, select the Region created earlier.
4. Click OK.
5. Click on Dynamic Region located in the left toolbar
6. Now select the field you want to Group/ Sort on (in this case you can use it on the field that will duplicate). It will turn dark green to indicate a dynamic field.
7. Double-click the Dynamic Region you created and select Dynamic in the Edit Dynamic Region window.
8. Change the Sorting order to Ascending.
In the example, we have 4x D003, but only want to show it once.
9. Edit the Grouping/Sorting field chosen in step 6 and select and select the Criteria tab.
10. Double-click the Field in the Detail Line and then go to the Criteria page.
11. In the Instance qualifiers box, select the First and Single checkboxes and then select the Region radio button.
12. Click OK and now D003 is shown only once.