1. Navigate to Lasernet > Common > Reports and select your report from the list.
2. On the right-hand side, scroll down to the Destination defaults fast tab (Destinations on the action pane for predefined destination setup) and on the Subject of the email, select the ellipses button.
3. Create a new record and select a Language. The Lasernet connector will dynamically select the correct translation of the Email subject and body which corresponds to the record being sent.
4. Type in your desired subject and body.
4. Click the Values used in e-mail section and select Add.
A dialog will pop-up. This dialog allows you to select tables and fields from the report itself. You can also use the dialog to add values through the expression editor, bring in parameter values, calculated fields, etc. Click Ok.
5. Select Add and keep adding any values you would like in your email subject and body.
The values you have added will be assigned placeholders. At the time of sending the email, the connector will pick up these values and pull them into the email subject and body where specified.
6. Add the placeholders to the Subject and email body as desired. Enable the Default switch for the translation you would like to serve as the default translation. If you only have one email subject and body translation, make it the default. Save and close.
7. Run the report. Navigate to your record, select Lasernet Email (or predefined destinations depending on your setup) and click the ellipses button.
8. Select Load defaults and then click Ok.
The email body loads the values for the placeholders:
HTML in Email Body
Lasernet Connector for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations includes the option for preparing an HTML (XHTML) email body instead of the plain text in Lasernet FO Connector.
To add an image to the email body:
1. Click the Insert image button on the email body toolbar.
2. Click the Select image file button , choose an image and once you are happy with the Preview, click Ok.
It is possible to duplicate the configuration of email subject, email body and placeholders (%1, %2, etc.) by clicking the Duplicate button on the Action pane.
Once you have duplicated, enter a valid language in the language dropdown.