To create a replacement report, first, open a list of reports which you can access from the Reports menu available in the Common group of the Lasernet module, and then follow the steps listed below:
1. Select a report for which you want a replacement, and then click Replacement available in the Replacement group of the Setup tab.
2. On the Replacement report pane that opens, select the Create New radio button, and then type a report name (it helps identify the replacement). Once you are done, click OK.
3. As a result, the replacement report for SSRS or the report for which you have created the replacement is shown in the report list. It may be empty. Locate it in the list, and then launch the query wizard to check everything. To this end, click Query wizard available in the Query group of the Setup tab.
4. Navigate to the Tables tab and then to the Search fields tab to make sure all tables and fields you need are defined. At this point, you can make any changes to the tables and fields, if needed.
5. Once you are done, click Finish to save the changes and refresh the report style sheet.
Available starting with version 6.8.0:
While creating a replacement report, it is now possible to adjust how tables used in the replacement report are to be initialized.
Using the same TMP tables multiple times for the replacement report was earlier a problem. The new enhancement allows using the same TMP table multiple times.
The example below illustrates the settings of the replacement report being created for a formletter report like SalesInvoice (SSRS) which uses createdTransactionId for the range.
The picture below illustrates the settings of the replacement report (Query) being created for the CustListReport SSRS report using (copying) the same ranges used for the SSRS report.
Initialization of ranges can be disabled by clearing the Active check box within the required record.
Disabling the copy range action for the CustTable_1 data source as well as for the CustListReport report allows adding all customers to the output as the Account numbers are not added to the ranges when the report is initialized.
Information about a table type and a data provider is now shown in the replacement form. This information may be useful to ensure the proper combination of the table type and the extension in the DP class.
On the picture below, you can see information shown when a replacement is selected for the ReturnAcknowledgementAndDocument report.
On the picture below, you can see information shown when a replacement is selected for the SalesInvoice report.
The same information is shown for the SSRS report under Data sources.