The Lasernet Connector for D365 allows a wide number of functions and customizations to forms. One such function is the Dialog. The Dialog is set up to allow you to determine the look and functionality of the dialog that opens when you try to print a report. You can set up many features, such as mandatory filters, ranges, and much more.
This article will guide users to use the Dialog function to allow end-users to manually type in values on the dialog at printing. This manually entered value will then be included in the XML that is produced.
LAC version: series 6
1. Go to Modules > Lasernet > Common > Reports.
2. Select your replacement query, on the ribbon, click Setup and on the action pane click Form links from the Configuration group.
2. Select the Form link you would like to add the Dialog to and on the ribbon, select Dialog setup.
The parameters mapping form is displayed.
3. Expand Parameters, click New to create a new Dialogue Control.
4. Give the Dialogue Control a name and click Ok.
5. From the ribbon, click Setup and in the Configurations group, select Structure.
6. Select the section you would like to add your value to in the XML, click New and provide a Name and Output.
7. Click the double plus sign and select Parameter from the Expression dropdown.
8.Click the double plus sign again and select the parameter you previously created in Dialog Controls.
9. Save the changes, go to the form in D365 containing the form link and print your report.
Notice the dialog has an input field with the title of your Dialog Control.
10. Type in a string and print the report.
11. Check your XML. Notice the string you typed into the dialog is now present in the XML in the section you specified in the Structure: