The Lasernet License Manager is used to administer your licenses for Lasernet Server and Lasernet Developer. It is possible to activate a Lasernet server or developer using an offline activation process if the machine running Lasernet does not have access to the internet.
This article will show users how to add a service instance and how to activate a license offline using the License Manager applications.
Learn how to activate a license offline with the help of our video tutorial. Click the Watch Video button below:
The offline activation process requires another machine with internet access that has the Lasernet License Manager application installed. For this example, the machine that needs activation will be referred to as the Lasernet server, and the machine with the License Manager and internet access will be referred to as the 'helper' machine. The offline activation process requires a number of steps to complete.
Generate an Activation Request
First, you must generate an activation request file on the Lasernet server for the instance (or developer) that needs activation. The file must be transferred to the helper machine by hand (for example via a network or a USB stick). On the helper machine, the activation request file will be forwarded to the Lasernet activation server via the internet. When the activation request has been processed by the activation server, it will return an activation response file. This file must be transferred back to the Lasernet server by hand and imported using the License Manager.
1. On the Lasernet server, open the Lasernet License Manager and select the service instance or developer that needs activation.
2. Click the Offline button in the toolbar and select the Create activation request menu item.
3. Enter a valid activation code and click OK. You can copy and paste the activation code from the license letter.
4. Choose a location to save the activation request file. You must make a note of the location of the file in order to copy it to the helper machine.
5. Copy the activation request file from the Lasernet server to the helper machine. This can be done by any means available, such as over a network connection or via a USB stick.
The Helper Machine
The following steps are carried out on the helper machine:
1. On the helper machine, start the License Manager application.
2. Click the Offline button in the toolbar and select the Process request menu item.
3. Browse to the location of the activation request file that was copied to the helper machine in step 5. Select the activation request file and click Open.
The License Manager application will now forward the request to the activation server via the internet.
4. Choose a location to save the activation response file. You must make a note of the location of the file in order to copy it to the Lasernet server.
5. Copy the activation response file to the Lasernet server using any means available.
The following steps take place on the Lasernet server.
1. On the Lasernet server, open the License Manager application and select the service instance or developer that awaits offline activation.
2. Click the Offline button in the toolbar and select the Import activation response menu item.
3. Browse to the location of the activation response file that was copied to the Lasernet server. Select the activation response file and click Open.
The activation process is now complete, and the Lasernet instance is licensed and ready for use.