Lasernet version 7 brought in a new feature that will allow individual sheets to be combined on a form level and thus page numbering can continue across multiple sheets. This article will guide you through using Sheet Combining and Page Numbering
First, you must turn the sheet Combining on. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Open your Lasernet Developer application, right-click on the sheet name and click Sheet Options.
The Sheet Options window appears.
2. Click the Combining button within this window and then click the Sheet Order and Page Numbering tab.
Mixed Mode (Duplex)
- Mixed Mode (Duplex) – Turning on Mixed mode interlaces the pages between two sheets. For example, for two sheets of 3 pages each (sheet 1 contains pages 1,2 and 3, sheet 2 contains 4, 5 and 6), the page order will be 1,4,2,5,3,6 instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6.
- Combining – This will combine the current sheet with the next sheet and will also activate the Page Numbering Options.
- Page Numbering – The numbering of the pages of each sheet can be merged as one or split to be independent of each other. For example, pages will either be:
- 1,2,3/3,1,2,3/3 – With two sheets of 3 pages each, the numbering will restart on the first page of the second sheet.
- 1,2,3,4,5,6/6 – With two sheets of 3 pages each, the numbering will continue across the second sheet (the first page of the second sheet will be numbered 4).
When the sheet combining option is turned on, Lasernet will only combine the current sheet with the following sheet. Therefore, if a build has three sheets (Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3) and Combining is turned on in Sheet1 then it will only combine with Sheet2. To combine with Sheet3, Sheet2 would also need to have the Combining option turned on. The Combining option is not available on Sheet3 because it is the final sheet (in this example) and thus there is no following sheet to combine with.
Additionally, when multiple sheets are combined, all sheets inherit some options from the first sheet. These options are:
- Sheet Criteria
- Paper Format
- Reference printer
- Use temporary Files for storing pages
- Only line-break after space
- Sheet Order