At times you will need to install a fresh copy of the Autoform DM Client, for example when doing upgrades. The best practice for this will involve uninstalling the Client and purging all Client files ready for a fresh install. Follow these steps:
The following paths are only relevant for the 10.0 version of the Client.
Remove the old installation
1. Uninstall the Client, this can be done through Control Panel > Program and Features > Uninstall a Program.
2. Clear any applications that were downloaded from the Client so a fresh copy is downloaded next time the Client is started, these are stored in
%localappdata%\Formpipe Software\AUTOFORM DM\Client\Applications\.
3. Remove anything that was previously cached. The cache folder is
%localappdata%\Formpipe Software\AUTOFORM DM\Client\Cache\. This entire folder can be deleted.
4. Delete the user config files, they are stored in
Restart and download Client
- Restart the computer ready to install the new Client.
- Download the new Client from Autoform DM via a Web Browser using the button on the right-hand side at the bottom of the screen:
- Once the new Client installer is downloaded it can be installed.
- When the Client is installed, enter the location of the Autoform DM Server and then log into the Applications as normal.