Combining in the Mail Output module works slightly differently than in other combining modules. Rather than combining multiple documents generated by Lasernet into one document, the Mail Output module allows multiple generated documents to be attached to an email as separate attachments. This email can then sent to multiple email addresses as required.
Learn how to set up Mail Output Combining with the help of our video tutorial. Click the Watch Video button below:
Follow these steps to set up Mail Output:
1. Select Modules from the Tools section, click the Output tab above the Modules list and then double-click the Mail Output module from the Modules list.
2. Select the Combining option on the Toolbar. and ensure the Enable Job combining checkbox is selected.
Link and stop criteria can be configured here.
Although JobInfos MailBody, MailCC, etc can be set inside the JobInfos tab of the Mail Output module, to allow generated documents to be linked and attached to an email, Link and Stop JobInfos must be set prior to documents arriving into the Mail Output module.
Link JobInfos are used to determine which separate documents should be placed into one email together. These Link JobInfos can be used as a standalone or as multiple JobInfos.
To add a Link JobInfo to the combiner, follow these steps:
1. Click the Link JobInfo button to display the Combining JobInfos pop-up window.
2. Click the Add button and a smaller pop-up will appear where a JobInfo(s) can be entered or selected from the drop-down list. Both the system default or custom JobInfos can be used. Once selected, click Ok > Ok.
In the Mail Output, Stop JobInfos is used to end the combining and release the queue of attachments. Lasernet attaches these attachments to an email.
To add a Stop JobInfo to the Combiner, follow these steps:
1. Click the Stop JobInfo button. A pop-up will appear.
As with Link JobInfos, both the system default and custom JobInfos can be used.
Unlike Link JobInfos, Stop JobInfos have the ability to use operands (contains, =, exists, etc). Combined with the ability to create an expression using OR, AND and XOR using multiple criteria, more customisation can be made when defining what is needed to match Stop JobInfos.
2. Click the Add button to configure the JobInfo criteria and then click Ok.
Maximum combined Jobs
This option defines the most amount of attachments the Combiner can attach to an email. By default, this is set to 0 (infinite). If this limit is reached, the documents stored in the queue will be attached to an email and sent to the recipient.
Time out in seconds
Time out is the amount of time Lasernet will wait until deciding there are no more documents to be matched to the job. If the limit is reached, all documents stored in the queue will be attached to an email and sent to the recipient. By default, the limit is set to 1 second.
Setting up this option allows the order the attachments are placed into the email to be defined. For example, to order the attachments by file name in ascending order, follow these steps:
1. Click Add, input the FileName as the JobInfo name, set the Direction to Ascending and the Type to String.
2. Click OK and the JobInfo name is displayed on the Release order list as shown below: