Some ports use the public interface which by default is automatically selected on startup based on a set of criteria.
This can cause issues on a multi-homed server where the cluster nodes must use a particular interface due to network configuration.
In this case, it is possible to replace the automatic selection with a manually specified interface. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Log in to the management console on the PDC and navigate to the Runtime tab.
2. Select the target node by first selecting Hosts, then the target node.
3. Use the drop-down menu for the host and select Interfaces.
4. Select the target interface (i.e. public) and click the Edit button.
5. Clear the various options under Advanced.
6. Select the desired network interface to use by doing one of the following:
- Enter a specific IP address in Inet Address (e.g. 192.168.100.101)
- Select Any Address for Address Wildcard.
- Enter the name of a network interface in Nic.
7. Apply the changes and choose to reload the server.